Safety and Health in the Work
Local: Sala D - Mezzanino - 1o. andar
Centro de Convenções Sul América
Av. Paulo de Frontin, 1 - acesso pela Rua Madre Teresa de Calcutá
Metro - Estação Estácio de Sá
Bairro Cidade Nova - Rio de Janeiro
I Meeting of the Regional Virtual Health Library on Occupational Safety and Health (VHL-OSH)
In April 2007, as an initiative of the National Institute of Occupational Health, Prevention and Security (INPSASEL) of Venezuela, it was started the project to manage the development of the thematic Virtual Health Library on Occupational Health and Safety of Venezuela (VHL OHS - VE, available at: http://bvsst.org.ve). They adopted the VHL model of Latin-American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information (BIREME) that aims to promote efficient, universal and equitable access to scientific and technical information, relevant to national and international future of health and safety of workers and employees.
The VHL OSH-VE is an effort of cooperative and decentralized network of scientific and technical information sources on Occupational Health and Safety in Venezuela. The information sources are:
- Access to Scientific and Technical Literature, through different Bibliographic Databases, including:
- National Centre for Information and Documentation Bibliographic database of INPSASEL;
- Pan American Health of Venezuela Representation Bibliographic database,
- Literature Venezuelan Health Sciences Bibliographic database (LIVECS);
- Ministry of Popular Power for the Labor and Social Security database, etc.
- Full Text documents
- Legislation in Occupational Health and Safety
- Epidemiologic Bulletins and indicators in the Occupational Health and Safety
- Directory of libraries and information and documentation centers on Occupational Health and Safety
- Directory of events
- Health Information Locator on Occupational Health and Safety
- National and international news related to scientific and technical information on Occupational Health and Safety.
- All these information sources are produced and exchanged through Occupational Safety and Health collaborators and producers, in national and international levels, promoting cooperative and decentralized work that allows the exchange of experiences.
Through the VHL TSS - VE, different users can interact with the information sources, users specifically related to the theme, such as: INPSASEL employees (about 1,000), prevention delegates (currently more than 60 thousand in the country), the general public, professional, students, teachers and facilitators of various universities in the country, formal education sector and the various social missions, this last one, due to implementation of strategies by INPSASEL that favored the inclusion in this subject in Venezuelan education system.
From this experience, was born the idea of developing the Thematic Virtual Library on Occupational Health and Safety for the entire region. In this sense, this meeting aims to develop action lines to boost the development of the project, which will contribute to the management of information and knowledge on Safety and Health at Work in Latin America, Caribbean and Ibero-America.
Objective: The I Working Group meeting on Occupational Health and Safety aims to present the action lines to boost the development of Regional VHL-OSH, build an action plan to consolidate VHL OSH and present the educational and knowledge management experience on Occupational Health and Safety of the Board of Education, INPSASEL - VE.
Audience: Librarians and professionals in general related to the Occupational Health and Safety of the Latin, Caribbean and Ibero-American countries.
Results expected: Discussion and development of the proposal of the Regional VHL-OSH and drawing up the plan of action to its consolidation. Interchange of experiences in education and knowledge management in the area of occupational health and safety.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Presentation of the VHL
Presentation of the proposal
Content organization Information sources, Thematic areas
Instances conformation of the VHL-OSH Regional
-- Advisory Committee
-- Executive Secretary
Definition of Liability Matrix
Development work and definition of Liability Matrix
Coordination: ENMT, Instituto Carlos III and BIREME/PAHO/WHO, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: September 15th - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM